I’m home from college on a week-long break (I fly back on Sunday), which means I get to see family and sleep in my own bed. I also ran into some former classmates earlier this week when I visited my high school, so that was fun. My own bedroom still feels more like “home,” but I expect that I’ll soon grow equally comfortable at college. All in all, it’s been a relaxing week. The weirdness of “going home for break” is slowly wearing off.
But enough about me. Today is Thanksgiving Day in the United States, so thank you to everyone who is a part of my life, directly or indirectly.
- Family – self-explanatory
- Friends from all over the world – People I know from school, people I know from Star Wars…you know who you are, and you rock!
- People who have taught and mentored me – I am me in large part because of you
- Members of our armed forces who defend our freedom and suffer for it every single day, and first responders who risk their lives here on the home front – I salute you all
- Celebrities who are also admirable people – recently I have grown to appreciate movie and TV stars who use their fame to be generous and beneficent, particularly in this world of new media and real-time interaction
Chances are you have a similar list. Keep those people in mind and thank them when you can. Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner and the company of everyone at your table. That’s what I’ll be doing.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!